The MTA OIG employs professionals with a variety of skill sets to accomplish its work. During times of recruitment, specific job opportunities will be posted below.
Job title: Analyst/Auditor
Location: New York City
Seeking experienced analysts/auditors to conduct analysis of performance using qualitative and quantitative methods. Work in small teams to plan projects. Gather data by reviewing records, observing operations, interviewing personnel, analyzing databases, and researching peer information. Prepare written reports that make recommendations for improvement in the operational areas reviewed.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred), in fields such as public/business administration, economics, mathematics, accounting, or the social sciences.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience for entry positions; five or more years of relevant experience required for senior positions.
- Excellent oral skills are needed for interviewing and briefing officials on the results.
- Ability to gather and interpret data and proficiency in Excel are required.
- Strong writing skills are required for preparing records of interviews, summarizing the results of analyses, and drafting reports.
- Familiarity with advanced Excel techniques, Access, or other data-analysis programs a plus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have a valid U.S. work permit.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to the following:
MTA Office of the Inspector General
Two Penn Plaza, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10121