The MTA OIG employs professionals with a variety of skill sets to accomplish its work. During times of recruitment, specific job opportunities will be posted below.
Job title: Chief Investigator
Location: New York City
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Hours/Week: 37.5 hrs/week
Salary range: $105,019 - $157,312
Education: College Degree
Experience: Senior (15+ years)
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority Office of the Inspector General is looking for an experienced Chief Investigator to manage a unit that investigates fraud, theft, official misconduct, financial crimes, public integrity matters, bid rigging, bribery and extortion.
Qualifications: a college degree plus fifteen years of field experience or high school diploma plus twenty years field investigation experience, eighteen of which must have involved complex investigations and fifteen which were as supervising or lead investigator of criminal, corruption and fraud cases or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Experience in the management and administration of an investigative group is required along with experience in recruiting and training investigators as well as the ability to analyze electronic, computer and documentary evidence to support both administrative actions and criminal prosecutions. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relations with governmental, investigative and law enforcement agencies. A working knowledge of an urban transportation system is highly desired.
A benefit package may be available. Request specific information from the employer.
Job title: Analyst/Auditor
Location: New York City
Seeking experienced analysts/auditors to conduct analysis of performance using qualitative and quantitative methods. Work in small teams to plan projects. Gather data by reviewing records, observing operations, interviewing personnel, analyzing databases, and researching peer information. Prepare written reports that make recommendations for improvement in the operational areas reviewed.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred), in fields such as public/business administration, economics, mathematics, accounting, or the social sciences.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience for entry positions; five or more years of relevant experience required for senior positions.
- Excellent oral skills are needed for interviewing and briefing officials on the results.
- Ability to gather and interpret data and proficiency in Excel are required.
- Strong writing skills are required for preparing records of interviews, summarizing the results of analyses, and drafting reports.
- Familiarity with advanced Excel techniques, Access, or other data-analysis programs a plus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have a valid U.S. work permit.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to the following:
MTA Office of the Inspector General
Two Penn Plaza, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10121